Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week of June 8, 2009 - Visit to St. Mary Parish, Louisiana


















Hey Young Chefs!

Here I am in St. Mary Parish, Louisiana. Above, my cousin, Jasmynn, and I are taking a dip in the Olympic size swimming pool at our motel.

Mommy's first show was at the Patterson Branch Library. The library was brand new, only open for a couple of weeks.

















After having fun at the Patterson library, we had a show at the West End Branch Library in Baldwin, Louisiana. My favorite part of the Baldwin library was the Cajun Jungle Children's Section. There were vines hanging from the ceiling, a jungle rug, animals mirrors, gators, and lots of jungle plants! Jasmynn and I posed in front of the wilderness.

















On Friday, we will be in LaSalle Parish, one of my favorite parishes in Louisiana. I love eating and shopping at the Caboose Cafe and Gift Shop. It is soooooo awesome!

Cool kids cook and go to the library!

Bon Appetit, Eliana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eliana,

My name is Evalyn. I do something that's kind of like what you do with your mom, with my dad. He is a children's music songwriter. He travels around Oklahoma and Kansas doing summer library shows, and I travel with him. In one of your pictures I saw you performing with your mom. Sometimes I perform with my dad. Me and him have written three songs together. I think we have similar summers. I like your blog. I will put a link to it on my blog at evalynharper.blogspot.com.

Eliana Cooks! A Creative Kid in the Kitchen said...

Dear Evalyn, thank you for stopping by I love your dad's music. Your dad and my mom are friends.I will add you to my blog roll.

Thanks, Eliana