Friday, June 19, 2009

June 14-16,2009 Vermilion Parish, Lousiana

















Hey Young Chefs!

From June 14-16, 2009, wWe were in Vermilion Parish. We stayed at Abbeville's Apartment A. The little cottage is so nice. It has two beds (a queen and a sofa sleeper) and a kitchen. The minute we walked in, we loved it. It felt like home to us.

Ms. Debbie, who owned the apartment, is so sweet. She surprised me with a brownie cheesecake birthday cake. It was delicious!






















Here is a picture of me with Ms. Debbie. Thank you so much, Ms. Debbie. Mommy and I love you!






















We performed in Gueydan, Maurice, Abbeville & Delcambre in Cajun Country. We had a great time in all the libraries. Here is a picture of me performing "The Princess Pat" with Mommy on my birthday (June 15) in Maurice.


















On the evening of my birthday, we met Mommy's friend, Troy Leger, for dinner. He is a DJ for 94.5 KSMB Hit Music Station. We ate at Posado's Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. The food at Posado's is delicioso! Mr. Troy surprised me with a huge ice cream sundae with "9" written in caramel on top. Mr. Troy also gave me a bunch of cool gifts - CDs, posters, stickers and magazines! Thanks, Mr. Troy!


















In Abbeville, I saw a guy pulling his pirogue down the street with his bicycle. We've never seen anything like it before!















I had a wonderful time in Vermilion Parish! Mommy even sold out of her Cajun Cornbread Boy books and had to get a stash from Barnes & Noble. I can't wait to go back and visit again.

Cool kids cook and visit cool places. Get creative at the library!

Bon Appetit, Eliana

No comments: