Sunday, September 21, 2008

Researching Recipes - September 20, 2008

















Hey Young Chefs!

Here I am looking up recipes in Rachael Ray's Yum-O Family Cookbook. I really like Rachael Ray because her recipes are quick, easy and fun. I am writing down "Food Notes" on the recipes I like best. I mark the pages with colored Post-It flags so I can remember which page the recipe is on.

If you want to keep a "Food Notes" journal, you'll need a notebook. I use a small notebook to travel with. It fits in my pocket or my purse. This way, I can take "Food Notes" wherever I go. In your "Food Notes" journal, write down your recipe ideas, favorite cookbooks, ingredients, and even shopping lists. One day, maybe your "Food Notes" will turn into a cookbook!

Get to researching. Get to writing. Get creative in the kitchen!

Bon Appetit, Eliana

2 comments:

PLNaugle said...

Eliana,
What a great blog you have created! I love Rachel Ray too. I'm sorry to hear that Hurriane Gustav damaged your home. It was a scary time. Cooking is a good thing to turn to when you're feeling down. I plan on making some of the recipes you've shown. Love the pictures. Tell your mama I said "Hi".
Paula Naugle
Bissonet Plaza

Eliana Cooks! A Creative Kid in the Kitchen said...

Dear Ms. Naugle:

Thank you for your kind words. Mommy and I will be posting more recipes so please keep reading. Today, I wrote a new recipe called "Vegetarian Ladybug Pizzettas."

Bon Appetit, Eliana