Sunday, September 14, 2008

Funny Face Pancakes

















Funny Face Pancakes

Hey Young Chefs! This morning, I went to IHOP (International House of Pancakes). I ordered the "Create A Face Pancake." The extra large pancake had strawberry eyes, a whipped cream nose, and banana slices for the smiley face. I was given a Blueberry Gogurt to create my own funny face. I squirted out short blue hair, dots on the bananas, and an "X" on the whipped cream. What a fun funny face!

















You can even do this at home. You'll need:
  • A large pancake
  • 2 strawberry halves
  • 1 dollop of whipped cream
  • Several banana slices
  • Fruit Gogurt or yogurt of your choice
Directions
On top of the pancake, place the strawberries as eyes, add whipped cream for the nose, and arrange the banana slices into a smile. Next, comes the real fun. Squirt Gogurt onto the pancake in any design you want. If you don't have Gogurt, place yogurt into a zip bag. Cut off a small corner and pipe yogurt onto the pancake. Get cool. Get crazy. Get creative in the kitchen!

Bon appetit, Eliana

1 comment:

Carol Collett said...

Very Cool! I love pancakes. My husband makes them for me every Saturday morning. Though he doesn't put faces on them...