Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ladybug Pizzettas - Wednesday, September 24, 2008

















Hey Young Chefs!

I took over dinner tonight and made my original recipe, "Ladybug Pizzettas." Pizzettas are mini pizzas that are totally tasty. This is a vegetarian dish. Here's my recipe:

Ladybug Pizzettas
Ingredients:
2 sheets of ready-made thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 c. pizza sauce
1/2 c. Italian blend (mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, fontina)
4 tbsp. chopped black olives
Fresh basil
Tomato slices

Directions:
Cut circles into pizza dough with large upside-down drinking glass. Place on pizza pan or cookie sheet. Spread sauce on pizza dough. Sprinkle cheese on pizza sauce. Place a large basil leaf on top of cheese. Cover with one tomato slice. Top with black olive ladybug dots. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until crust is puffy and golden. Makes 16-24 pizzettas, depending on the size of your pizzettas. Serve hot with side salad. Yum! Yum!

Here I am spreading the pizza sauce.

















Now I am topping the tomatoes with chopped black olives. See my Food Notes journal next to me? I am following my own recipe!

















Look at the finished Ladybug Pizzettas! They are delish! The tomatoes were tender and the pizza dough was crispy. Mommy says that they would make perfect party tapas (appetizers). The basil is the "secret ingredient" that makes these pizzettas awesome. Grown-ups, you'll love that kids get tons of veggies on this one. Kids, it doesn't even taste veggie-ish! Make plenty because the grown-ups will be sneaking extra pizzettas behind the kids' backs! (I saw you, Mommy...)

















I hope you enjoy this recipe. Yum! Yum!

Cool kids cook so get creative in the kitchen!

Bon Appetit, Eliana

No comments: