Sunday, November 16, 2008

Eliana Draws Betsy Ross; Tuesday, November 11, 2008

















Hey Young Chefs!

This blog post is not about cooking but I had to share my picture with you. I entered a contest to create a picture for the American Veterans of Foreign War. I had to draw a picture of a historical event in American History. I chose to draw a picture of Betsy Ross, the creator of the first official flag for the United States of America. On the wall behind her is a picture of George Washington, our nation's first president, who asked Betsy Ross to create the flag. Legend says that Betsy invented a pattern for the five point star, created out of a piece of paper with five folds and one snip of the scissors. Wish me luck in the contest!

Cool kids cook AND try hard in school!

Bon Appetit! Eliana

No comments: